>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Why I Signed..., by Rick Phillips

I thank Carl for providing the link to the Church of Scotland on-line petition, which I signed yesterday. Like Phil, I thought it was well-written and compelling. I think there are some good matters for reflection here, including points already made by Carl and Phil. Like Carl, I am generally concerned when Christians are more inflamed over matters of morality than doctrine, especially hot-button items for cultural Christianity like homosexuality. I, for one, consider the mainline abandonment of Scripture, Christ, and the gospel to be of ultimate significance: compared to attacks on the trinity, atonement, and inerrancy, homosexuality is a pretty small-fry issue.

[From Reformation 21: "Why I Signed, Too."

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.