>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thirty-Nine Articles: The Historic Basis of Anglican Faith: Updated Table of Contents


To all who read my blog regularly and those who visit occasionally:

I have updated the table of contents page for David Broughton Knox's book, Thirty-Nine Articles: The Historic Basis of Anglican Faith. The chapter listings now include the chapter headings and subheadings to aid you in finding the sections you wish to review. I have tried to make each post short enough to read within ten to fifteen minutes or so. However, by clicking on the table of contents link in each post you will be able to navigate to the next section or chapter with ease.

The Anglican Church League paperback has many typographical spelling and punctuation errors so I corrected the most obvious ones and tried to stay with the original Australian spelling standards. In addition, I myself may have made typographical errors or scribal errors, some of which I have already corrected. For example, in my haste I sometimes leave out an entire phrase or reduplicate a phrase by accident. If you find anything obvious, please e-mail me and I will correct it.

I am posting this booklet by permission of my rector, David Knox, Jr. However, if the Anglican Church League or anyone else objects I will remove this from the blog. I am not doing this to infringe on anyone's copyright but to spread the Gospel and to inform God's people about the orthodox, reformed and Anglican view of the Scriptures and the Thirty-Nine Articles.

I am still working on the second part of chapter 8 and will be doing the final chapter, chapter 9 next week sometime. The book is only 86 pages in a small paperback but from what I have been told this book is published as part of a larger collection in three volumes called The Selected Works of David Broughton Knox. David Knox, Jr. tells me that there have been inquiries about publishing more of D. B. Knox, Sr.'s unpublished or out of print writings and articles. As anyone can tell, D. B. Knox's theological mind was acute. It would be a tremendous loss to the Evangelical and Reformed world if the rest of his proliferous writings were never published or made available. My rector, David, Jr., tells me that he himself has numerous articles and writings in his private collection which he might make available to me to read. If so, I might be able to get permission to publish some short articles on my blog for those who are interested.

God's providence is truly amazing. Who would have thought that a [formerly] wacko, carpet rolling, pentecostal like myself would wind up with access to the theological library and private collection of David Broughton Knox, a theological giant of the Reformed Anglican and Evangelical world? It might be that Knox's legacy may become even more important posthumously.

May God bless you all,

Charlie


The Ninth Sunday after Trinity.
The Collect.
GRANT to us, Lord, we beseech thee, the spirit to think and do always such things as be rightful; that we, who cannot do any thing that is good without thee, may by thee be enabled to live according to thy will; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

Charlie J. Ray said...

I should have said, "former" carpet rolling pentecostal. :)

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.