>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Anti-intellectualism at its worst...

You said: "Again, of course God can do as He pleases. I'm not talking about God, I'm talking about you. If God can choose to hate reprobate sinners, does this mean you think you can too?"


Linsey, your comment above proves one of three things. Either you have not read what I said in response to your accusation in the earlier articles, which I posted online for all to see or you cannot understand what I said. The last option is that you did understand what I said but insist on creating a caricature of me which you can then easily demolish with misleading statements like the one above. Seems to me it might be a combination of all three together. At any rate, unless you seriously engage my contention that God can and does hate the wicked there is really nothing else to talk about.


I have continually stated that I am not God and have an obligation to love my enemies, including those pushing the homosexual and transgender issue in the political realm. Be that as it may, I am also obligated to speak the truth in love. Sometimes even Jesus strongly rebuked the Pharisees who rejected not only the law the pretended to keep but who rejected God who inspired the Scriptures. Jesus told them they were of their father the devil because they did not believe his words

I think the world at large is hypocritical because it tries to justify what is evil and ignore God's word, as you are doing. Let me point out to you that God's Word is the standard by which we judge doctrine and morality. The moral law of God is still binding today and expresses the duty of all Christians. While the law is not a means of meriting or earning our justification or salvation, it is the standard we are held to obey and if we disobey we reveal that we are in rebellion against God.


Scripture clearly forbids homosexuality and its stepchild, transgenderism. If you do not believe that, then I would suggest that you are in rebellion against God's written Word. I do not stand on my own opinion but upon what God has said. (2 Timothy 2:15; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Charlie

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.