>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Friday, September 18, 2009

Soft preaching makes soft people....

"Soft preaching makes hard people. You preach a soft message and you'll have hard, selfish people. You preach the hard truth and it will break the hard hearts and you'll have a soft people." John MacArthur. From Total Inability. (Part 5).

Jeremiah 51:20-23 (ESV)


20 "You are my hammer and weapon of war: with you I break nations in pieces; with you I destroy kingdoms; 21 with you I break in pieces the horse and his rider; with you I break in pieces the chariot and the charioteer; 22 with you I break in pieces man and woman; with you I break in pieces the old man and the youth; with you I break in pieces the young man and the young woman; 23 with you I break in pieces the shepherd and his flock; with you I break in pieces the farmer and his team; with you I break in pieces governors and commanders.






The Fourteenth Sunday after Trinity.
The Collect.
ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, give unto us the increase of faith, hope, and charity; and, that we may obtain that which thou dost promise, make us to love that which thou dost command; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.