>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tony Dungy and Abe Brown Prison Crusade, Hardee Correctional Insitution, 2010

Coach Tony Dungy has preached in our little town. Of course, he had a captive audience. I have done my share of prison ministry, since I was a prison chaplain at North Florida Reception Center, Lake Butler, Florida from 1996 to 1999.  Also, I have done many prison evangelism "crusades" like this one. I did a couple of Abe Brown crusades when I was a new believer in the late 1980s. Also, Abe Brown Prison Crusade came to Lake Butler a few times.

I especially like Coach Dungy's closing remarks about giving these men another chance.  If a criminal history excludes a man from any sort of meaningful employment, what are his options if he wants to serve God and live a life of obedience and good citizenship here on earth?  (Romans 13:1-10).

Watch this to get an idea of what prison ministry is like:




`Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them,`Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' (Matthew 25:39-40 NKJ)


Tony Dungy's Visit - Hardee Correctional Institution, Bowling Green, Florida - YouTube

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.