>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Two Rod Rosenbladt Quotes That Changed My Life | Mockingbird



I got the following quote from the Mockingbird website.  The Cathedral Church of the Advent is not my view of a "Reformed" Anglican church but these kinds of quotes give me hope that the Anglo-Papists and the ordainers of women have not completely taken over the Anglican world:
In the end, God will assign one of two grades, 0 or 100, he does not grade on the curve and he will not hear our excuses. Those who have perfectly lived the law in thought, word and deed will be counted as righteous. Others like myself will be utterly doomed, check mate. Of course, Paul said earlier that “there is no one righteous, not even one”. None of us can place our hope in the law.

Now what does it all mean?

You and I as Adam’s children not only are ungodly, not only infected from top to bottom with sin—we can’t fix ourselves. Now this is difficult to say in our postmodern American society. It’s counter-cultural. We believe we can fix anything, even ourselves: Positive thinking, a couple of self-help courses, and all will be fine. But the Bible, especially Romans 3 says we’re wrong. I stand guilty before God and there’s nothing I can do to change that. My sentence is a just one and it is death.



Two Rod Rosenbladt Quotes That Changed My Life | Mockingbird

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.