>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Paul Elbert's Initial Response to My E-Mail Concerning Pentecostal/Charismatic Themes in Luke-Acts

Dear Charlie:

Thanks for your interesting letter. Is it your intention to post a response from me on your web-site adjacent to your letter? Your letter to me, in my judgment, gives a misimpression of what the paper actually contains, but I see that you have posted the on-line location of the paper so that readers of your comments may judge for themselves.

You evidently have lots of other concerns and my paper apparently provided you with a forum. I have no problem with that approach, but perhaps I should respond just to those matters that you state or infer are contained in my paper. This might help readers of your web-site.If you would like me to respond only to the issues that my paper addresses that are mentioned in your letter, I am open to doing that. Should I send such a response directly to you, if you agree to post it adjacent to your letter to me? You might say "Professor Elbert's response to points I raised in my letter to him, that are relevant to his paper, is posted below." (Incidentally, I am not a "Rev.") If that is your intention, please let me know.I look forward to hearing from you, Charlie. In any case, if you are going to be at SBL Philadelphia, perhaps we mightshare a coffee together. I am on the steering committee for the Formation of Luke-Acts section, so you may find me there.

With kind regards,

Paul

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.