>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Alice in Anglican Land: Or There and Back Again

"When I raised my Scriptural misgivings about serving Communion to very young children, I was threatened by the bishop with being “inhibited,” that is, forbidden to serve Communion in any service where young children might be present. There was no discussion, no desire to deal with the question I was raising from Scripture. This kind of high-handed dealing in place of pastoral counsel had been typical of the Episcopal Church, but now had carried over into the new denomination. It had become clear to me that the Lord was showing me the door."  --  David J. Miller


[The following comments are mine.  Charlie J. Ray].

I have to wonder what it is about semi-pelagianism and high church worship that attracts Presbyterians to Anglo-Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy?  Worse, what is it that attracts them to Roman Catholicism?  It must be that they do not really believe the Bible because those options are all heretical.

I consider myself a Reformed/Calvinist and Anglican believer.  But I would NEVER recommend that anyone join a synagogue of satan.  That would include the Anglican Church in North America.  I say that for the simple reason that it is an Anglo-Catholic denomination and is therefore a false religion.

I have no problem with the Reformed confessions of faith listed on my sidebar at this blog.  I can agree heartily with most of the theology represented in the Three Forms of Unity and the Westminster Standards.  Furthermore, any so-called "Reformed" Anglican who objects to the detailed exposition of the Scriptures in those confessions is an equivocator of one kind or another.

Various inquirers on the internet ask me on a regular basis if there is a Reformed Anglican denomination or congregation they could visit or investigate.  Regrettably, I always respond that I know of none.  The Reformed Episcopal Church has been reabsorbed by the borg mentality of the Anglo-Catholic tradition by joining the Anglican Church in North America, and the Anglican Orthodox Church is just as bad.  I wonder why Jerry Ogles and crew have not rejoined the Anglican Communion via the ACNA?

I saw the following lengthy article at the Heidelblog and I am reposting it here because I found it interesting.  I happen to agree that most American Anglicans default to some sort of Anglo-Catholicism or high church Arminianism, both of which I find to be heretical.

Recently, my rector at Christ Church, who is an Evangelical, lost his job because he preached too much law and not enough gospel.  Now the liberals are back in full force.  Antinomianism is Christian liberty.  God would not really damn adulterers and fornicators, would he?  Looks like I will be forced to find a Presbyterian church now since I would not set foot in an Anglo-Catholic church, even a so-called "orthodox" one.

Click here to read the article:  

My Story: From Reformed Worship to Anglicanism and Back Again


A journey into other worship traditions and back to Reformed worship

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.