>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, September 01, 2005


At my ordination as a deacon with the Reformed Episcopal Church, 2003. Posted by Picasa

I've served with several churches, all of them bi-vocational positions or non-paying positions. The last ministry position I held was as a deacon with a Reformed Episcopal parish, which was non-paying.

After a year of ministry there, the pastor and I had a falling out over the issue of theonomy. My heart is with the poor and the oppressed and it was my perception that the pastor and his church were insensitive to the issues confronting the poor and the dispossessed. From my point of view, theonomy has a lack of compassion and emphasizes legalism and severity in dealing with the poor. Need I say more?

http://www.upper-register.com/theonomy.html

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.