>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Reasonable Christian: R. Scott Clark's Critique of Triperspectivalism, Tim Keller, and John Frame

Unfortunately R. Scott Clark deleted his Heidelblog. I got an e-mail from Mr. Clark recently saying that I should remove another post since it his intellectual property. Apparently, Mr. Clark is worried that he will not be able to earn money from selling the Gospel. Doing theology is as much a divine call to ministry as pastoral ministry. It is a sad day when selling books, conferences, and speaking tours is more important than preaching the Gospel and defending the Gospel from heresies. The following link is a short except of Clark's critique of John Frame's triperspectivalism. I guess Clark wants to sell a book on the subject?

While I am sure that everyone deserves to earn a decent standard of living, I find it hard to believe that Clark is struggling financially since he has a full time faculty position at Westminster Theological Seminary, California. It is a bit silly for him to remove the helpful resources available at Heidelblog because of his concerns for intellectual property rights.

Is Clark merely a hireling? Or does he care more about the preaching of the Gospel?

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13 He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, (John 10:11-14 ESV)
You can read an excerpt of the now defunct Heidelblog here: Reasonable Christian: R. Scott Clark's Critique of Triperspectivalism, Tim Keller, and John Frame


No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.