>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

John Pedersen: Predestinarian Network - Confessions of a Harsh, Intolerant, Judgmental One

John Pedersen wrote the following article for The Standard Bearer in 1997:

As I am such a "judgmental" one, so called by more gentle, tolerant "Christians" than I can count ("See -he puts 'Christians' in quotation marks!"), I would like to venture an answer, warning the reader first to make sure he or she is sitting down, with some smelling salts handy.

 What keeps me going, harsh, intolerant pill that I am, is this: I am afraid of being judgmental - toward God. Faced with the prospect of being judgmental toward a man's words and being judgmental toward the Word of God, I choose the former, and run from the latter, although I would have many, many more friends if I did not do this.

 Perhaps I would even have you, dear reader, for a friend. As it is, your initial reaction to the title of this essay may have been to take it and read it so as to recognize better and avoid people like me, as if we were not easy enough to spot already. But you just can't be too careful when it comes to knowing the modus operandi of a religious psychopath, so you read on.
 Click here to read the entire article: Predestinarian Network - Confessions of a Harsh, Intolerant, Judgmental One

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.