>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Monday, December 26, 2016

Disclaimer: My Changing Theological Musings

Over the years my theological points of view have changed.  Even though I became a Calvinist in 1995 or so, my views on Calvinism have also evolved and changed.  I became aware later in my Calvinist reading that certain modern doctrines in so-called "conservative" Calvinist circles were not so Calvinist after all but were in fact revisionist views introduced in the 19th century or the 20th century.  I include in that category the three points of common grace which were initiated by Abraham Kuyper's view of common grace in the 19th century and expanded by the Christian Reformed Church in 1924 with their doctrinal statement on the three points of common grace.  [See:  PRCA:  Three Points of Common Grace].

Another example is that I no longer accept the well meant offer or the free offer of the Gospel because both of these doctrines introduce contradictions into the system of theology deduced from the Bible and propose that God contradicts himself in His eternal decrees and in His providence.  I now agree with the late Dr. Gordon H. Clark that God has only one will and that will is eternally unchanging.

Another example is that I no longer believe that Dr. Clark was a Nestorian.  His exposition of the problems with the Definition of Chalcedon and the Athanasius Creed were meant to give way to a harmonization of the propositions so that the doctrine of the Incarnation could be harmonized with the doctrine of the Trinity.  I have been intending to write on the doctrine of the Incarnation for some time now and will do so in the near future.

Also, if you read the debates I had in the comments section on several of my older blog posts, those were often ad hoc and written on the fly and sometimes were not well thought out.  I have spent the last few years reading all of Dr. Gordon H. Clark's books and listening to his lectures over and over again.  I think I have a better understanding of Clark's overall system or epistemology but I am still learning.  Your patience is appreciated.

You can find much more of Clark's material posted on The Gordon H. Clark Foundation website, which is hosted by Whitefield Seminary and Dr. Kenneth Talbot.  I have met Dr. Talbot in person and he does have a good understanding of Clark's theology and epistemology, although I'm not sure if I agree with him in toto.  I do recommend the website he does for Dr. Clark's theology because the words are the words of Dr. Clark himself.

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.