>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Monday, September 24, 2012

Reasonable Christian: Re: Charlie: My Conversion to the Doctrines of Sovereign Grace and My Departure from the Arminian/Pentecostal/Charismatic Movement

This is a rather lengthy response to an e-mail message asking why I think that the Five Points of the Canons of Dort "work for me".  Notice the author of the e-mail places authority in subjectivism and not in the objective revelation of Scripture, which is fully inspired of God.  The fact is the issue is not pragmatism, which is an American phenomenon, but special revelation and propositional truth.  If Scripture is THE final Word of God and special revelation which is necessary for saving faith, it follows that we better accept and assent to what it says.  (John 12:48-50; John 10:35).

Although it is not immediately apparent in my remarks in the linked article, the deciding factor for me in rejecting both Pentecostalism and Wesleyan Arminianism remains the doctrine of Sola Scriptura.  Scripture alone IS God's Word.  Click here to read my remarks:  Reasonable Christian: Re: Charlie: My Conversion to the Doctrines of Sovereign Grace and My Departure from the Arminian/Pentecostal/Charismatic Movement

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.