>

Martyred for the Gospel

Martyred for the Gospel
The burning of Tharchbishop of Cant. D. Tho. Cranmer in the town dich at Oxford, with his hand first thrust into the fyre, wherwith he subscribed before. [Click on the picture to see Cranmer's last words.]

Daily Bible Verse

Friday, March 02, 2012

Martin Luther: Soli Deo Gloria: To God Alone Be the Glory

When I first took upon me the defense of the Gospel, I remember a worthy man saying to me, “I like it, this doctrine you preach, because it gives glory and everything else to God alone, and nothing to man, for we cannot attribute too much glory, goodness, mercy, and so on to God.” This greatly comforted and confirmed me. And it is true that the doctrine of the Gospel removes from mankind all glory, wisdom, righteousness, and so on and gives it solely to the Creator, who made everything out of nothing (Hebrews 11:3).  (Commentary on Galatians 1:11-12).

Luther, M. (1998). Galatians. The Crossway classic commentaries (58). Wheaton, Ill.: Crossway Books.

No comments:

Support Reasonable Christian Ministries with your generous donation.